2020, what a year. We all have to give ourselves a huge pat on the back for going through it and from the Paper Pens team to our wonderful community, we want to say thank you for all your support. We could not have gone through this year without you.
Actions speak louder than words. To continue our yearly tradition of our 'year in numbers', here are our actions of 2020:
Since launching in January 2019, our global community has, to date:
- Collectively said no to over 27,000 plastic pens.
- Saving 126.9kg (279.8lb) of pen plastic from being produced.
- Partnered with 16 different organisations across government, schools, universities and the private sector in helping them reduce plastic consumption.
Notable achievements of 2020:
- Finalist in the 2019 Social Impact Award by Product Hunt (among 25,000 other businesses).
- Introduced refillable ink cartridges for the Original Paper Pen, reducing plastic consumption by 17% with each use.
- 2x guest startup for the University of Sydney.
As always, our impact would not have been made possible if it weren’t for our amazing global community. Let’s make 2021 an even greater year!